Here we illustrate the process:
- Approach your local authority for an assessment of adoption support needs.
- Local authority considers if therapeutic support is needed, the type required and if it is eligible for payments from the fund.
- The adopter and the local authority look at what is available.
- Local authority applies directly to the Adoption Support Fund on behalf of the adopter.
- The Adoption Support Fund then provides funding to the local authority in order for them to fund the support agreed, through an external provider.