You can access our training via your local authority adoption team who purchases the training from Adoption UK for 16-20 (depending on the training) adoptive parents.
This would be held in your area at a suitable venue and your agency would invite their parents to attend. This might be held on weekdays or Saturdays and Adoption UK supplies a professional Trainer, who is also an adoptive parent, and all the training materials required.
With the exception of our Getting ready for placement workshop, they can be tailored to meet the needs adoptive parents.
- Getting Ready for Placement
- Children who struggle at school
- Teaching staff training (including inset): Life in the Classroom
- Telling about Adoption
- Complexities of Contact
- Foetal Alcohol and Drug-affected children
- Sensory Integration
- Domestic Abuse and the Adopted Child
- Above and Beyond - Child to parent Violence