Life Story Work with Joy Rees
Date: 07.12.15 09:30
Duration: 9.30am to 3.00pm (registration from 9.00am)
Adopter member: £42
Adopter non-member: £57
Agency member £66
Agency non-member: £75
Led by Joy Rees, the respected life story author, this workshop will explore the importance of life story work and how it can help a child develop their understanding of what it means to be adopted.
Joy will also suggest ways to compile and use Life Storybooks:
- to help children feel grounded and to gain a sense of security;
- to encourage them to develop secure attachments;
- to raise children's self esteem and sense of worth ; and
- to help children to understand and to accept their history, and not to feel overwhelmed by it.
Number of participants: 40 maximum
- A day's workshop with an Adoption UK Trainer who have a wealth of knowledge and personal experience.
- Help improve skills and approaches to parenting.
- An opportunity to network and share experiences.
Book your place
To book your place please download, complete and return the booking form:
and return to:
Adoption UK Training Team, Linden House, 55 The Green, South Bar Street, Banbury, Oxfordshire OX16 9AB
Alternatively, please click on the Booking form link below.
If you have any questions, please contact the Training team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on 01295 752268.
Bookings are no longer being taken for this event.