Children who struggle at school
Date: 24.01.14 09:30
Duration: Registration: 09:30-10:00 Workshop: 10:00-16:30
Members of Adoption UK: £78.00 per person
Non-members, Teachers and Practitioners: £90.00 per person
(All prices are per person and include VAT, attendance, handouts, refreshments and light lunch.)
Location: High Wycombe
Helping traumatised children with school and learning
This workshop looks in more depth at issues that may arise in the classroom for a child due to the effects of separation, loss, trauma and attachment. This one-day workshop will explore strategies and give practical suggestions for supporting children in school.
Who should attend?
- Adoptive parents with school-age children
- Carers with school-age children
- Teachers and practitioners
This workshop will enable participants to:
- Examine some of the possible causes of behavioural problems and school-related difficulties.
- Consider how behavioural difficulties impact on relationships, teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Develop effective strategies for supporting the child in school.
- Appreciate how our own experience might affect way we support children in school.
Method of delivery
This workshop is participative and interactive, balancing theory with practical exercises. It provides participants with the opportunity to consider how they can put their learning into practice.
Our professional and experienced Adoption UK Trainers are also adoptive parents and can provide a unique perspective into living with hurt children.
Book a place on this workshop
To book your place on this workshop please complete and return the below booking form.
and return to:
Adoption UK Training Team
55 The Green
South Bar Street
For further information or to book over the telephone, please contact Corrina Jacob, Training Administrator, on 01926 852877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org