Telling About Adoption
This one-day workshop, for adoptive parents or foster carers, will help them help the children they care for with their life-stories.
Who should attend?
- Adoptive parents and foster carers, pre or post placement.
This workshop will enable parents/carers to:
- To examine the importance of telling and explaining about adoption.
- To consider age-appropriate explanations linked to a child's developmental stage and to practice telling and explaining.
- To examine some basic principles of child development and identity.
- To appreciate that having an understanding of one's own past history is essential in order to know who you are and in order to develop a strong sense of identity and positive self-esteem.
- To examine some of the practicalities and potential difficulties involved in undertaking life story work.
Please contact the Training Team (07497 606 839) if you would like to know more about how this workshop could be tailored to fit the needs of your adopters and/or foster carers, or to register your interest in any open workshops we may be running near you.