A one-day workshop, introducing Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD) and their treatment options, for adoptive parents, foster carers and practitioners.
Who should attend?
- Adoptive parents and long term foster carers, post-placement
This workshop will enable attendees:
- To recognise the effect of trauma on development.
- To define Sensory Integration and Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD).
- To understand the symptoms and effects of SPD and be able to distinguish these from trauma-triggered behaviours.
- To explore the different available therapies to help our children cope with SPD.
Please contact the Training Team (01926 852877 or 07887 873145) if you would like to know more about how this workshop could be tailored to fit the needs of your adoptive parents, foster carers or colleagues or to register your interest in any open workshops we may be running near you.