Domestic abuse and the adopted child
This one-day workshop provides adoptive parents and practitioners with an introduction to how domestic abuse can impact children and how to develop therapeutic techniques to help children heal and recover.
Who should attend?
- Adoptive parents and long term foster carers, pre or post-placement.
This workshop will enable attendees to:
- Describe what domestic abuse is and its impact on victims.
- Describe the effects of domestic abuse on children and how it links to other forms of abuse.
- Describe the additional risks and protective factors for children who have been exposed to domestic abuse.
- Apply practical therapeutic parenting strategies to help their children heal.
Please contact the Training Team (01926 852877 or 07887 873145) if you would like to know more about how this workshop could be tailored to fit the needs of your adoptive parents, foster carers or colleagues, or to register your interest in any open workshops we may be running near you.