Sweating the small stuff...
I'm trying really hard not to sweat the small stuff with AD (13 in a few weeks' time - how did that happen?), but am finding it difficult. It's not about any one of the individual niggles but the cumulative impact. Being a single parent makes it all harder to ignore this stuff. ..
- not changing her knickers, and putting obviously clean ones in the laundry basket as she knows I might check
- swearing blind that she hasn't cut her hair which has mysteriously shortened by itself
- saying "I can't be bothered/arsed" at least 5 times a day
- drinking squash without diluting it if downstairs alone
- ignoring me when I ask a question, and then getting upset if I don't respond immediately to her questions
- never, ever putting anything away
- blaming others for anything that goes even slightly wrong, sometimes with such convoluted logic that it's hard not to laugh
... thank goodness for this forum and also for my cat