IVA to be re-considered to start
My husband and I recently were told that due to our debt on our credit cards etc. they would put us on hold for 12 months. Initially I was gutted as we have spent 4 years trying to conceive and a year off for getting married and coming to terms with not being able to have our own. But I can understand why they did.
I had sent our SW an email before Christmas asking if she would visit us in the new year to explain what would be the best financial position we could be in. I have not had a reply yet but being the Christmas period and all I will let her off. I recently called up about getting and IVA to clear our debts. Yes, this would mean for the next 5 years or so we would be paying towards it. However they said that this would not affect the adoption. It would mean we would have a lot more spare a month and be able to save.
I would like to know if anyone has had experience with IVA's and adoption. I don't really want to go through with the IVA if it means I would have to wait even longer but I am hoping it would work in our favour because we would be financially better off.